DO NOT MISS

Chandni Chowk-The Charm of Old Dilli

I know I have been missing for quite a while now..A new project in hand and bouts of ill health in between has been playing games. 

Well...in between all that, I had managed a trip or two to the famous Old Dilli in search of the glitz and drama that has always been a part of "DILLI".

So, here is a small description of the Chandni Chowk expedition through pictures.

It was a foggy day..with drizzles in between

One of the many many traditional buildings in the main market

The famous Paranthe wali Galli

The menu, the billboard, the terms n conditions etc
The thali minus the paranthas :-)
We roamed around the Kinari Bazar and Dariba Kalan for more than 2 hours...but it was so crowded that I never took out my camera to click :-( But next time I promise....

And last, but not the least, the garam garam gajar ka halwa from Giani's. Yeah...that layer of dry fruits and nuts..Do you know what lies beneath? halwa...pure heaven!!

1 comment :

  1. wow! Reminds me of my holiday in Delhi.. We spent a whole morning in parathe wali galli.. and my brother nearly tasted all the parathas on the menu.. even the store keeper was shocked.. He topped it up with a rabri paratha.. which was awesome!! And not to mention the lassi at the end.. Yummmmm....

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!!

 
Copyright © 2014 The Bodhi Travelogue. Designed by OddThemes